Thursday, December 20, 2012

Journal Your Christmas - Dec 19 Candy-Grams! and How to Wrap a Subscription

Earlier in the month, one of Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas prompts suggested showing this year's Christmas cards.  Well, I only just yesterday finished mine so......


This year's cards are actually Candy-Grams.  I found giant Godiva candy bars (salted caramel milk chocolate ones at that) and mailed those.  I gave them a cuteness makeover with Rudolph Bear.

I had an extra tag and used that on my left side.



I got them in the mail only yesterday.  I really should have made New Year's Candy-Grams instead I think. 

In the evening, I made more for my daughter's class for Friday's party using XL Hershey bars.  Her school doesn't allow the use of reindeer or Santa images so I used a simple snowflake.  Since the kids tend to tear into my packaging, I thought that was a smarter solution than to use an intricate, multi-piece cut.


The other silly thing I wanted to share was my solution for how to wrap a magazine subscription.  Tops on my father-in-law's wish list was a subscription to a tractor pull magazine.  I know the owner and they just don't offer any kind of card or 'wrappable' announcement so I made a mini magazine and placed it in a gift card box.  The note inside the mini-mag told the news of the gift.



Back to sewing today before work.  Yikes -- only five more days until Christmas!  So much more to do!  Thanks for checking my blog post today.  I hope you are on schedule with your Christmas gift crafting!

bloghopbutton200x200

7 comments:

Sis Patterson said...

Wonderful!! Love your bears and snowflakes - and the tiny magazine - perfect!

I am woefully behind and think I will transition to "Warm Winter Wishes" crafts - that will give me until 21 March!

Your details and obvious joy in creating them make my days merry - thank you!

Sara Andrews said...

If it makes you feel better, my tins of candy are still sitting on the dining room table. Yikes!! I still haven't figured out where the last ten days went.

Wonderful projects Nadia!

moknowsall said...

thanks for all the posts on your Chrismas journal. I am impressed with your blog and projects. hapy holidays

maureen

Hrvatica said...

Terrific candy-grams and what a great way to wrap a magazine subscription.

MulticrafterAmy said...

Love it Nadia! I would love to be on your mailing list.

Gina piazza said...

Nadia,
So we haven't had internet while in the garage, and we are finally back in the house! One thing I was so looking forward to was reading all your blog posts, and oh boy!! what amazing & super stuff you have been doing! I love everything! I (we) are doing almost nothing this year; and my cards are going out even later than yours! but better late than never! What a fabulous journal/scrapbook you are creating! And all the other goodies you have been doing; how fun! (and gorgeous!)
I love, love love all of it!

Krysta said...

Love the Rudolph Bear image, where is he from? Is he a .cut, .svg, image I'd love to make one for Christmas thank you's!

But wait! There's more! Click 'older posts' above!

But wait!  There's more!  Click 'older posts' above!